On 24 Apr 1943, this aircraft departed Yangkai, China at approx. 1400 CST for its homebase in Chabua, India. It was assigned to the 1333rd AAF Base Unit, 22nd Ferrying Group, 3rd Ferrying Squadron.
There was no radio contact with this aircraft after take-off in Yangkai. It did not arrive in Chabua and was listed as missing. Aerial searches commenced immediately and lasted until 26 May 1943. The aircraft was not located. The nature of its loss is unknown. No further information has become available. Crew was declared dead. Dead: 5.
- Pilot: Capt. Jennings H. Mease, Sr.
- Co-Pilot: 2nd Lt. Samuel E. Lunday, Jr.
- Navigator: 2nd Lt. James M. Jeffrey
- Radio Operator: SSgt. Elwood E. Stevens
- Flight Engineer: Pvt. Mervyn E. Sims
C-87 #41-23696 Expedition Photo Gallery
Click on any image for a larger view