This aircraft departed its home station at Chabua, India on 09 Apr 1943 on a routine ferrying flight to China. It was assigned to the Air Transport Command of the 10th Air Force, 1st Ferrying Group, 3rd Ferrying Squadron.
This aircraft simply disappeared while over the Hump. Numerous attempts were made to contact it, but no replies were received to any of the radio calls. The aircraft and its crew were never located. The nature of the loss is undetermined. Dead: 6.
- Pilot: Capt. Bobby A. Cook
- Co-Pilot: 2nd Lt. Marvin Siegal
- Navigator: 2nd Lt. John P. Falvo
- Radio Operator: Pvt. Robert L. Looney
- Flight Engineer: TSgt. Henry C. Jones
- Passenger: MSgt. Thomas L. Macintosh
View the Crashed Aircraft Site Report (PDF).
C-87 #41-23791 Expedition Photo Gallery
Click on any image for a larger view