This aircraft was reported as missing in flight on 07 May 1943 while enroute from Yangkai, China to Chabua, India. There was no radio contact with the aircraft. Last report in Aug 1944 lists both the aircraft and crew still unaccounted for. The aircraft was assigned to the Air Transport Command, 1st Ferry Group, 3rd Ferry Squadron. Dead: 6.
- Pilot: 1st Lt. Anthony Donabedian
- Co-Pilot: 2nd Lt. Raymond C. Ziolkowski
- Navigator: 1st Lt. Paul F. Heck
- Radio Operator: Sgt. Raymond Piot
- Crew Chief: Sgt. George L. Beeves, Jr.
- Asst. Crew Chief: Sgt. Lyndal E. Daniel
View the Crashed Aircraft Site Report (PDF).
C-87 #41-23669 Expedition Photo Gallery
Click on any image for a larger view