On 05 June 1945, this aircraft departed Dum Dum, India at 1243 Z on a shuttle flight to Jorhat, India.
The only radio contact from the aircraft was a position report transmitted at 1415 Z. The crew reported its position at that time as S of Lalmanirhat and at 5,000 ft. altitude.
The aircraft never arrived in Jorhat. Dead: 7.
- Pilot: Capt. Earl E. Cunningham
- Co-Pilot: 1st Lt. John J. Besone
- Radio Operator: Cpl. Morris Adoff
- Flight Engineer: SSgt. Murdoch M. McLaughlin
- Asst. Flight Engineer: Pfc. Charles Perkel
- Passenger: Capt. Lloyd F. Melichar
- Passenger: Pfc. John Barto
C-47A #41-38746 Expedition Photo Gallery
Click on any image for a larger view