On 25 Jan 1944, this aircraft departed Kunming, China for Chabua, India on a routine ferrying mission. The aircraft was assigned to the 14th Air Force, 308th Bombardment Group, 425th Squadron.
The aircraft never arrived in Chabua. The cause of the crash and its whereabouts is unknown. Dead: 12.
- Pilot: Maj. Harry H. Musinski
- Co-Pilot: 2nd Lt. Toney W. Gochnauer
- Navigator: 2nd Lt. John B. Frazier
- Bombardier: 2nd Lt. George R. Maupin
- Radio Operator: TSgt. Joseph P. Kurta
- Asst. Radio Operator: SSgt. Donah L. Adams
- Flight Engineer: TSgt. Wellington W. Hull
- Asst. Flight Engineer: SSgt. John W. Karns
- Passenger: 1st Lt. Charles P. Mortimer
- Passenger: TSgt. Jack R. Ferguson
- Passenger: TSgt. Edward W. Higgins
- Passenger: SSgt. Robert O. Watson
View the Crashed Aircraft Site Report for B-24J #42-73242.
B-24J #42-73242 Expedition Photo Gallery
Click on any image for a larger view