This aircraft was lost on the Hump on 20 Mar 1943 while enroute from Pandaveswar, India to Kunming, China. It was assigned to the 14th Air Force, 308th Bombardment Group, 425th Squadron and was on its original flight to Kunming to begin work in China.
It had been cleared for flight from Chabua, India to Kunming, but its location at the time it encountered problems is not known. The aircraft did not send a position report or mayday call. The nature of the loss is unknown. The aircraft has never been found. Dead: 10.
- Acting Pilot: Maj. Robert W. Fensler
- Pilot: 2nd Lt. Phillips G. Huffman
- Co-Pilot: 2nd Lt. Gerald (Jerrold) E. Owens
- Navigator: 2nd Lt. Frederick W. Ossenfort
- Bombardier: 2nd Lt. Harvey M. Nix
- Radio Operator: TSgt. Norman H. Price
- Asst. Radio Operator: SSgt. Louis F. Verhaegen
- Flight Engineer: TSgt. Erle H. Thayer
- Asst. Flight Engineer: SSgt. Aubrey E. Stevenson
- Gunner: SSgt. Sandav E. Rivardo
B-24D #42-40069 Expedition Photo Gallery
Click on any image for a larger view